Monday, October 12, 2009

Anybody like clowns? plz.

This was one my first Craigslist Classics emails. Unfortunately, the Craigslist ad is gone, but I think I captured the essence of it in my questions.

From Sam:

date Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 9:47 PM
subject Anybody like clowns? plz.

What is weirder? 1) The fact that a person is trying to hard sell a box of porcelain clowns, 2) that they spent hundreds of dollars on porcelain clowns, 3) that they don't realize that most people are afraid of clowns, or 4) that the person selling porcelain clowns (who I imagine to be an older heavy-set lady who drinks tons of coffee) is using hip teen text slang (plz shoot me an email).
Since Beverly lives in Cheyenne, I can pick up one of these clowns for anyone interested. Let me know your top price, because it sounds like there will be some haggling involved.

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/for/1266136506.html

From PJ:

The clowns are in “mint” condition, but are they naked, or at least have similarities to “It”?

From Sam:

I forwarded your email to Bev. I'll let you know what she says.

No comments: