Monday, October 12, 2009

The Fray, lawsuits, and prostitution...two tickets please.

In this exchange Nate offers to acquire concert tickets for anyone interested. As always seems to happen, the conversation quickly turns to lawsuits and prostitution.

From Nate:

date Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:43 AM
subject The FRAY

Hey guys. The fray is playing in Laramie on NOV 21st. Tickets are $25. If you want one lemme know. I can get two with my ID and I'll track down someone else to get me more if needed.

From Sam:

Count me in. Any way you could get a ticket for Kim too?

From PJ:

Steph and I are in if you can get us both tickets. If you have a choice for us try and get tickets further back, not because of the loudness per say, more the fact that we don’t want to sit with anyone else per say. (and I wikipedia’d per say and I used it correctly in both cases!!!)

From John:

Marcella and I are in. How many tickets can you get?

From Nate:

I'll try to get tickets for everyone. It might take some doing but we'll see. I don't know if I can go, I am paying off a ring right now and I don't really have a lot of extra money (and this isn't a roundabout way of asking one of you to pay for me)

From PJ:

I’ll donate $10 as a broker fee for Nathan to go see the Fray. I’ve set up a small not for profit www.feedthechildren/nathantothefray.com if anyone wants to donate. $.01 of every dollar will go to helping a little boy in need of The Fray tickets. As a gift you will receive personalized letters from the little boy of your choice showing the change in his life.

From Dad:

I want $100 as an executive commission for the use of my office and computer. I really don't want to take this to small claims.

From Sam:

Threat of litigation...beautiful. Nate, as an attorney I would just advise you to pay the commission. Not necessarily because owe it, but is $100 really worth the hassle of being served a complaint, preparing an answer and possible counter-claims, taking depositions and being deposed, producing all of your financial records for the last 5 years, dealing with summary judgment motions, and ultimately going to trial where who know what the jury will do (yes, you can have a jury in small claims court)? Think about it. I know money is tight right now, but you might offer $75 and see where Dad comes back.

From PJ:

Sam,

If I know Nathan, and I think I do pretty well, he will stand on his principles in this case. It really isn’t about money it’s about justice. Nathan, I started a little not-for-profit, we handle community organizing, entrepreneurial prostitution, tax evasion advising, and counter litigation for low income minorities. Just go to our website and tell them you are being sued for trying to start a small ticket scalping and drug cartel business and our advisors will assist you in taking not only Dad for all he’s worth, but also applying for some small business grants from the government. We get millions upon millions for stuff like this. Our website is www.acorn/momoneyfornothin.com.
PJ

From Sam:

Another classic from PJ. Entrepreneurial prostitution? As opposed to not-for-profit prostitution? I think I am going to start a no-pay prostitution ring. I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there that would like the services of a prostitute, but simply can't afford it. Who is looking out for these people? I see this as something I can do to give back to a community that has given me so much. I bet I could get a seed money grant from ACORN.

From Nate:

Well I clicked on both links PJ posted and came to little more than expected disappointment. Ok well the round about way of asking didn't work so here goes, will someone please buy my ticket to the fray? I can't pay you back and won't when I can but you will feel good knowing that in some way you helped make a small boy's dream come true.

From Sam:

Dad if you want me to represent you in that suit against Nate I will work pro bono. Let me know.

No comments: