Monday, October 12, 2009

SEVEN POCKETS!!!

This was not one of my better "Craigslist Classics" finds, but Joseph's response was great!

From Sam:
date Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:07 AM
subject SEVEN POCKETS!!!

1977 Tour Led Zeppelin Leather Jacket XL - $90 (Cheyenne, Wy.)
Date: 2009-10-06, 8:07AM MDT
Reply to: sale-tnmgs-1408721544@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

originally $149.99!!! like new, worn twice...has 7 pockets..email me

Location: Cheyenne, Wy.



I know that the number of pockets is pretty much my main criteria when buying band memorabilia jackets. Also, will someone please explain to me how this thing is standing up on its own. I have convinced myself that there is a ghost in these pictures.

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/for/1408721544.html

From Joseph:

The jacket is not real! It's a computer generated image. I know this for 3 reasons:

1. In the 1977 Led Zeppelin tour, the only jackets that were made were made of hemp
2. It is posted on craigslist and people who post stuff on craigslist are liars
3. I e-mailed as Devon Spencer and the seller told me that they made it on their computer.

Plus, when a ghost wears a jacket, it's impossible to take a picture because you are shaking so much.

From Sam:

Thanks for the freaking hilarious response. Weird, but I laughed out loud like three times at this line: "people who post stuff on craigslist are liars" I laughed again as I was typing it. You are getting funnier as you get older.

No comments: