Monday, October 12, 2009

52" Widescreen TV

This craigslist fun was taken to the next level as Joseph actually created a Yahoo profile to mess with the seller.

Date: Tuesday Sept. 22 at 8:25 PM
Subject: craigslist fun

From Sam:

I think we should all email this guy and ask if he will ship the TV to different countries. I call Nigeria.


http://wyoming.craigslist.org/ele/1387748146.html

52" Widescreen Hitachi TV on Base with Wheels (NEW) NO CHECKS/NO SHIP - $695 (Cheyenne, WY {Laramie Co.})

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-09-22, 6:54PM MDT
Reply to: sale-swkeq-1387748146@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


***FYI:
#1)-Please do not send me emails soliciting other items, or requesting to send me checks in the mail from out of State/out of country, to have this item shipped. This is a listing that REQUIRES a person to person sale in Cheyenne with CASH or PAYPAL payment ONLY!! I will not ship this item for you, and you cannot make arrangements for a freight company to get it. THIS IS A FACE TO FACE sale ONLY....so please do NOT waste my time with numerous bogus emails. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

#2)- If this ad is listed as ACTIVE, then that means it is still for sale. You do not need to email me first, to ask me if it is available. If it was SOLD...it would be removed immediately from here.

#3)- I appologize to legitimate Craigs List Buyers for being so BLUNT in this ad. I receive NUMEROUS BOGUS offers and messages from people, and it gets very frustating when "phoney buyers" try to get you to "sell" your items and ship them out of the country. They dont read the ads, and they dont listen when you tell them to READ THE AD first, before sending messages.!! It is very frustrating!

***SO...with that said, FOR REAL CRAIGS LIST BUYERS....here is the ad for my item that is FOR SALE, and conditions of the sale. Thank you for your time.

=================================================================================================================================
THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE (1) 52" HITACHI WIDE SCREEN PROJECTION TV (ON IT'S OWN BASE WITH WHEELS- 1 PIECE). IT WAS PURCHASED LAST YEAR FOR $1099.00 + tax. The TV HAS HARDLY BEEN USED IN THAT TIME AT ALL. * IT IS LIKE BRAND NEW...and has a BEAUTIFUL PICTURE.

WE BOUGHT THIS TV FOR OUR LIVING ROOM WHEN WE WERE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOUSE, BUT IT DID NOT FIT INTO THE LIVING ROOM OF THE HOUSE THAT WE FINALLY CHOSE...SO, IT WAS PLACED DOWNSTAIRS IN OUR FAMILY ROOM, AND IT HARDLY EVER GETS USED THERE. THAT IS WHY WE ARE SELLING IT. Originally paid $1099.00 plus tax.....* WE ORIGINALLY LISTED IT FOR $795.00 ....BUT JUST DROPPED IT DOWN again, now it's only $695.00.

1- CASH ~OR~ PAYPAL PAYMENTS (for credit card purchase)....credit cards are processed through www.paypal.com and if you do not have a paypal account, it's quick and easy to sign up for a FREE one. *** SORRY....ABSOLUTELY NO CHECKS of ANY KIND...and ABSOLUTELY NO SHIPPING/FREIGHT of this item. This transaction MUST be done in person. No out of State/out of country buyers....(unless you live in our neighboring States of Colorado or Nebraska, and can travel to Cheyenne to complete the sale in person). NO EXCEPTIONS...so please do not waste your time and mine by emailing me to ask. If you pay through PAYPAL the money must CLEAR our paypal account/bank before the item will be released to you. This takes 3-4 business days usually. *Your item will NOT be released to you UNTIL the funds clear our account.

2- PAY BY CASH AND GET A DISCOUNT OFF OF THE LISTED PRICE. *(If you can save us the credit card processing fee through paypal, then I can pass that savings on to you glady!)...CASH BUYERS PAY ONLY $660.00!!

3- If you live within the CHEYENNE AREA...we will even deliver this TV to your house FREE of charge! *Christmas is coming!!...This is a great present for someone!

*SERIOUS BUYERS CAN Contact 307-634-7225 between 9am-8pm daily. Leave a message with your phone number if no answer. We will call you back ASAP.

*This photo was taken on 9/22/09. It shows the full view of the TV. It has GREAT SOUND, GREAT PICTURE...it's a GREAT TV at a HUGE discounted price!

=================================================================================================================================

***AGAIN, I WILL REPEAT THIS TO BOGUS BUYERS & SOLICITORS: Do not bother to email me if you cannot complete the sale in PERSON. *NO CHECKS, NO SHIPPING, NO FRIEGHT COMPANIES...NO OUT OF COUNTRY TRANSACTIONS...NO EXCEPTIONS.....PERIOD! PLease DO NOT waste my time with all these emails!


Location: Cheyenne, WY {Laramie Co.}



From Joseph:

Are you serious because I'm going to send an email right now asking him to ship to Peru.


From Sam:

Are the email address anonymousness in Craigslist? I would hate this guy to track me down. Given the nature of his listing, he sounds like he has a few screws loose.

From Joseph:

I was planning to set up a new email thru yahoo

From John:

I'm in. Sam you remember how much I loved prank calling...this is just prank calling 2009!!!!!

From Sam:

I love that Joseph is always willing to play along in my games. OK Joseph, create a new account and ask 1) if the TV is still available "If this ad is listed as ACTIVE, then that means it is still for sale. You do not need to email me first, to ask me if it is available. If it was SOLD...it would be removed immediately from here." 2) If he will ship to Arizona, 3) if he will accept a money order, and 4) if he will take $250 for the TV.

If he doesn't respond I will send one too. If he responds you have to share. And depending on his response, I will send one too.

From Sam:

I almost said the same thing to Joseph at the end of my last email. I think we should see if Joseph gets a response and then go from there.

From Joseph:

I just sent this...

Hi. I am quite interested in your Widescreen Hitachi TV! Is it still available? Will you ship the TV to Arizona? I offer $250 if you don't have any higher offers. I can send a Money Order if that works for you. Please.

The e-mail address that Joseph set up was in the name Devon Spencer. 

This is the response that was received from the seller:

As per the ad...NO SHIPPING...this item must be picked up.

From Sam:

Hilarious!!! I loved the "Please" at the end...brilliant.

Seriously, we will probably to to hell for messing with this guy, but frankly, if I ever get this neurotic, I hope someone will mess with me. Please share any response you get. If you have not heard back by noon tomorrow, I will shoot part two.

From PJ:

You realize this guy is mentally unstable right. This means that he will probably go to any length to find out who sent that email, including hacking into the yahoo system. He’s probably reading what I’m writing right now. Mr. I’m sorry, this wasn’t my idea. I don’t think it’s funny at all either. Estoy mentiendo, pense que fue algo tan chistoso que rei hasta que me cage. (I don’t think he can read Spanish, or anything in parenthesis!)

From Joseph:

I just sent a follow up email asking if it was still available. I'm going to ask if I could have a freight company come and pick it up for me.

From Nathan:

any response after the second email?

From Joseph:

Nothing yet

Joseph did a little extra research to find out just who we were dealing with and found that the seller, Jeanine Still Norton (female), has a facebook and a myspace. 

Devon Spencer to Sam:

Uh Hi,

I really want to buy a TV up there in Cheyenne. Will you go pick it up for me?

Devon

From Sam:

yeah, just let me know where you need me to go.

From Devon:

I think that this lady has it. http://www..facebook.com/jeanine.norton?_fb_noscript=1 I've tried to add her as a friend on facebook but I'm not sure if she'll accept my friendship request

Here's another profile that I found of her on MySpace. I find the "JEANINE's Interests" section informational... cuckoo!!

This is honestly the profile photo of the seller of this TV.  This is an excerpt from her interests directly from her MySpace profile... seriously.

http://www.myspace.com/jeanine68






JEANINE's Interests


General
Anything to do with firearms, target practice, trap shooting...etc... My dad raised me to be a tom boy, and showed me how to safely use a gun pretty much since I could walk...but I always did so with lipstick and nail-polish on too! LOL.

No comments: